Private clients of Turner Locker Barnfield have purchased the freehold interest in an 11000 sq ft period office building let to Nash & Co at £100,000 pa Beaumont House Beaumont Park Plymouth PL4 9BD arguably one of the most elegant solicitors’ offices in the region, set in parkland with views of The Hoe and with ample free parking in its own grounds that’s the envy of other solicitors’ practices (and their clients)!
Despite being one of the region’s premier law firms today, Nash & Co began life humbly enough in 1926 when it was founded by David Foot Nash as a one-man operation.His venture prospered, and after the Second World War the firm took on new partners in a rapid expansion and was known, somewhat memorably, as Nash, Howett, Cocks and Clapp. The first branch office opened in Perranporth in the Fifties, followed by others in Plympton, Ivybridge and Tavistock. The departure of Cocks and Clapp as partners retired prompted a change of name, and the firm became known as Nash & Co.
In 1992, it moved from Sussex Street to its current home at Beaumont House, a listed Georgian mansion that was originally a gentleman’s residence.